Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:37:05 PM

Author Topic: LIMIT SWITCHES vs SPINDLE  (Read 2329 times)

LIMIT SWITCHES vs SPINDLE
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:30:09 AM »
Hi there, seems like it is a never ending story, you get one thing sorted out and another one appears:::: Al limit switches work just fine, watch dogs is disabled in config..general config, touch plates are working fine etc, BUT when the spindle is turned on a message appears  "limit switch is triggered" there is no indication of which switch in the diagnostic screen or anything that is triggered, when the spindle is turned off...reset is pressed all is O.K. again until the spindle is activated again, anyone wwith any ideas or clues please feel free to drop me a line.. starting to get a bit frustrated (heaps of projects on the drawing boards to try....IF ONLY!!!)

Regards

Nick
Re: LIMIT SWITCHES vs SPINDLE
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:34:16 AM »
If you have a spindle controlled with a VFD, this is probably a noise problem.

Try setting debounce to 5000.

You could try to de activate limit switches to test the spindle.

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:14 AM »
Thanks Jeff, I will try and set the debounce like you said, I have already tried the switch deactivate and there is no problem only when I activate the limit switches the problem occurs, and yes it is a vfd spindle whith shieled cable etc

Nick
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:34:19 AM »
Nick,
You might try putting .1uf ceramic capacitors between the limit switch inputs and ground at your BOB or driver connections.  I think capacitors are better than using debounce settings for electrical noise problems.
John Champlain