Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:10 PM

Author Topic: hand controllers which is best  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
hand controllers which is best
« on: May 01, 2014, 05:20:54 AM »
which Hand  controller works best for you ? If you can post links to which controllers you have and use.

I am trying to get some ideas here.

I would like to get a controller that has the following

motion hold
feed dial
rapid dial
cycle start

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: hand controllers which is best
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »
   It really depends on how much money you want to spend and or how industrial or durable it needs to be.

I have run the Shuttle Pro as a pendant for years and it works pretty well. The plugin allows setting of all of the buttons and most commands are available (view the plugin on Mach' site). It works well for the price, it is delicate.

I also ran a pendant from CNC4PC on a 2nd parallel port years ago. I found it to be very laggy and it just didnt feel right. The pendant itself was nice and durable, nice MPG and all. I gave up then and moved on. In hindsight and after a conversation with Arturo, I was most likely having computer or configuration problems.

This week I ordered a VistaCnc PS2E. It should be here by the weekend and from the videos i have seen on its performance it appears very well made and operates well. Plus it is USB. Physically the pendant itself appears similar to the CNC4PC unit however the model I ordered has a LCD screen for DRO's onboard.
Vistacnc.com
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:33:31 PM »
thanks for the reply ^^^
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 02:43:38 PM »
You won't go wrong with VistaCNC.  I've been using their pendants for years, and love them.  Avoid the Chinese junk, and avoid the ShuttlePro - it's better than nothing, but compared to a real CNC pendant, it's a joke.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »
Yeah I am a cnc operator / programmer by trade so I'm just starting out with this ih cnc . Once I get it going

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »
I have a shuttle express that came with the mill but I can't find the proper plug in for it on the mach 3 page

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
Ok after a quick search YouTube has me going fine with the express. I will use that for a while and go from there . Damn the keyboard was rough lol since I am used to big mills with controllers lol