Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:02:24 AM

Author Topic: Ron, idea for a new wizzard.  (Read 4274 times)

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Ron, idea for a new wizzard.
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »
HI, I have been asking art for these for a while but I know he has other pressing things to do, not that you don't but....

All of these involving probing. And all could be part of the same set.

1- datum points. A work 0,0,0 routine. In other words the ability to choose one of the four corners to set 0,0,0 or calculate the centers of x or y or both. it would be nice if you could just jog and bump into edges. A routine to find the center of a hole or round boss. 

2- Reverse engineering. The ability to probe features (2.5d) It would be nice if you could have this also to store concordances to a text file for basic cmm operations.

3- work rotation offset. It would be really nice if you could just touch off on two edges of say a vice and have mach set the angular offset.

You would have to add the probe diameter

Any way, just something for yo to bang out if you get an hour or two :)

Chad

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:23:33 PM by chad »
Re: Ron, idea for a new wizzard.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:18:15 PM »
I did something like #1 on my mill screen. I think I could turn it into a wizard.

I just updated my new version of Brians teach, now called CopyCat. It is for reverse engineering a part, but it assumes you have something like an edge finder. I am planning to buy a probe, so when I get it I will try to fix the CopyCat to use it.

Brian and I have talked about #3, its 'on my list'

thanks for the input.