Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:07:18 AM

Author Topic: Mill GCode Manual G12-G13  (Read 13535 times)

Re: Mill GCode Manual G12-G13
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »
OK 2 quick ones. The manual states you can have a starting radius. This is obviously to do a circluar groove and leave a solid boss at the center. 

WHY does it matter where it starts ? If there is something in the way you are going to hit it anyway or anywhere you start (;-)  In MOST canned cycles you have the OPTION to where you start based on 0.000 deg(3 oclock) or offset that in DEGs positive (CCW) or Neg(CW).

Just a thought, (;-) TP

I don't see that as obvious. Actually not even close as Haas actually calls it a Counter Boring function, not pocketing ... NO boss there. (same with an o-ring or snap ring groove. no boss, you start in an OPEN bore)

I agree, I J doesnt really matter but it does give you the option of starting with x or y or any comb of the 2.

Thanks,
Russ
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 11:04:46 AM »
Ooooops, Haas does call it Circular pocketing sooorry, don't recall exactly where I saw c-boring mentioned.

Anyway, I just use it at an existing bore.

Sorry,
Russ
 :)
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »
No, the intent of the starting radius is to make it better for doing a counter bore, so it is working as it should as far as that goes.

This was added because in the Fanuc manual that had the G12 G13 said you could use I J so that is what I did. I have used this command to notch out the end of a chunk of stock an feeding out in the opposite direction the stock is nice.

This is not a pocketing cycle.. it is what it is  :)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »
HIYA Brian I am not really complaining just reporting what I see compared to what I have seen else where.

Use the feedback as you wish.

What manual did you use for comparison Fanuc has not had a G12/13 for many years now. Not all things Fanuc are good to use(;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:50:03 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »
That was from an old 3000C, It will do what Mach3 did plus. We where only trying to make it a little better for the users... Industrial will at some point have the full cycle..

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com