Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:58:57 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424573 times)

Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »
Hi,

No problems
I thought it would be a good solution.
Thanks Steve

Roberto
« Reply #341 on: December 17, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
I would like to see an additional check be done at the time of loading Gcode to make sure that the T# and H# match during tool changes. Perhaps an alarm can be raised that the user can ignore rather than preventing loading the code all together. Or perhaps a checkbox to enable and disable the checks.

For example:
N100 M06 T04
N101 G43 H40

Would throw the error "Line 100: T and H vales do not match".

This is a standard feature on Haas controls (probably others). I feel like there are only rare cases where someone would want those set separately, and in most cases it could prevent a crash.

Attached picture is completely unrelated  ;D

« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2020, 11:30:10 AM »
Feature request for a graphic element which allows you to display a trend/graph/chart of data, perhaps loaded from an external log file. This would give users a ton of flexibility to add info to the screens.

Example usage:
-Time series data plotting (spindle load, axis position, etc)
-Probing X,Y point display
-Cycle Time history

« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »
Hello, wondering if LUASQL can be integrated in the future build of Mach4, as it is really a nightmare to add it to current Mach4 LUA 5.3.
Thanks!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2020, 12:46:33 PM »
Look in the modules directory.  It is already there.  mySql and ODBC.

Steve
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2020, 04:58:20 PM »
Wondering if the problem is with Win64 versus Win32. Installing Win32 drivers and doing a test.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2020, 01:11:25 AM »
Tangential knife feature.

When the blade is cutting through a thickness stock material, the blade cuts a larger width at the top most layer of the stock while the bottom has the least width. This creates an overcut into the stock which is not desired because it destroys structure of such stock and makes cut lines where not wanted.

To fix this, please make a feature that, the user inputs the upper width while the bottom width remains zero (point).  When the software cuts the path, it will stop the width input by the user, pull out, rotate 180 degrees and go to the end of the path and go back into the stock and reverse direction for the remainder of the input width. Then it lifts out and goes to the next segment.

The code process is simple, it seems. The program knows when to pull out based on cutting angle. Then just measure to pull out the input width earlier, then move to the other end of the input width, but cut in reverse to finish the cut.

That will allow precise (what cnc is designed for) cuts. This would allow me to use one less tool and less CAD editing.

To make it easier for the user, they simply dive down their knife into the stock and measure the top. Or, have a software feature that does a quick calculation based on the angle of the blade and depth of the stock.

You could perhaps have a G code post processor that does these movements.  Because it isn't intuitive when you have G code that says go positive, but it actually lifts, flips, and then travels negative.  Once you get away from the machine actually doing what you have told it to do with G code, I believe you no longer have a proper solution. 

So I really think this is a job for CAM and post processor.  Make the post processor spit out the G code to perform these movements.

Steve
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »
Hi
I am no expert at all, but can you not have a double edged knife blade?
Graham
« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »
As I said, I am no expert.
Sorry
Graham