Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:13:10 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Bug Reports  (Read 498867 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Bug Reports
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
Choose no.  For some reason, I linked with the debug code in that last build. 

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2014, 02:41:40 AM »
Nick,

Normally, the macros will not have the issues you are seeing.  The reason why you are seeing them now is that we changed LUA versions between build 1767 and 1817 and there are incompatibilities with the compiled scripts between the versions.  Normally, the installer will install the macros with mcc files that work and there will be no issues.

For the macros, Mach uses the mcc files.  The mcs files are just a way of getting to the mcc files that us humans can read and modify.  Mach can run without ANY mcs files if the mcc files are compiled and correct. 

Changing LUA versions is not something we will do once we release.  We just made a push to get to the latest code base for everything we use so that we don't feel the need to do it at a later date after release.  In the future, a normal user should never see this.

Build 1817 has a whole host of changes including a move to wxWidgets 3.0, LUA 5.2, and we went from using the static CRT to the dynamic CRT.  Hence the massive difference in build numbers.  I also did a wholesale change on the API (I'm so glad I haven't re-written the API docs again!).

We have one more big change to do before release which is the installation location (feature request and docs not withstanding).  We are planning to conform to MS program installation locations so that Mach will be installed in the "Program Files" for system wide operation (requiring Admin privs) or it can also be installed in a user folder without admin privs.

Steve

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Serious problem with G65 #vars
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2014, 07:10:46 AM »
Would it not be better to use the Bug Report thread rather than starting all these new threads?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Serious problem with G65 #vars
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
I guess you are right it does look bad for all these problems showing up. I'll move back over to the Bug thread .

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2014, 09:26:35 AM »
I vote for a user folder and NO admin KEEP it all together like Mach3 was. Very easy to deal with.

Just my 2cents worth, (;-) TP

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
Changing LUA versions is not something we will do once we release.  We just made a push to get to the latest code base for everything we use so that we don't feel the need to do it at a later date after release.  In the future, a normal user should never see this.
Great!  As long as you know about the problem and plan on doing something about it, then case closed. Thx for the reply.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
Steve the mc call below errors out:

local inst = mc.mcGetInstance();

buff, rc = mc.mcCntlGetStateName(inst, 4);
--4 is the Machine state of Jogging, this func should give the String Name of what the #4 means.

Scott
fun times

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
V1817
XP Pro

I uninstalled the previous version, and installed the latest. The first time I run it, it seems fine, after closing and restarting, I get this error every time.
Clicking OK doesn't appear to do anything, but if you wait about two minutes, Mach4 will eventually start.

EDIT:
Sorry, I didn't realize this was already posted.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:00:28 PM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2014, 04:34:00 AM »
Goodmorning.

Why does the tool path not display in the "TOOL PATH DISPLAY" window, it does in the "PROGRAM START" window.

If you run in single block with blank lines in a program you have to press cycle start to pass them, if you have more than one blank line following another you have to press cycle start equal to the nombert of blank lines.

I too get strange errors on starting as stated earlier, but do not understand them not being a professional expert.

Graham

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Loading SUBS or G65 macro
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
i have been playing with the macros i have found that there is a lot of changes to to get fanuc macro to work.
I then had a look at the haas macro and they work really well just one or two simple changes to do to get them to work.