Mach Discussion > Mach4 General Discussion

Mach 4 Bug Reports

(1/83) > >>

Chaoticone:
Lets use this topic to post any bugs we find in Mach 4. Lets keep this topic clean and to the point. This will be a list for Brain and Steve to work from. If you will list the operating system you are using and the steps or any other relevant information (Gcode, etc.) necessary to replicate the behavior you perceive as a bug that would go a long way in helping them narrow it down.

Thanks,
Brett

m.marino:
Issue install, opened once and than did not open. Will not install in C Drive but will in D.

Computer is running a Phenom 3 (number of cores) 64 bit with Windows 7 Pro 64bit Os and 4GB of RAM with an additional boast of 2GB.

With instructions will gladly do what is need to have a complete clean install to continue testing. The computer that Mach4 will be running on is a Athlon 64 running the same OS and also 4GB RAM.

Opened it up was looking through it in detail and liked what I saw. Closed it to go to bed and look at it today and will not respond. Unistalled from inside the program folder options and re-installed, no joy. Tried again in C drive and got an error for not being able to open/install Mach4GUI.exe. From what I am reading IF Smoothstepper writes a plugin for the ESS this is going to truly make things interesting for control and increase in signal quality (coupled with a PMDX-126 board and digital drives this could get very interesting indeed).

Thanks for the work and will help as able. Michael

smurph:
Open task manager and kill the hung Mach4GUI.exe process.

Calum:
I have my profile configured for metric and notice the feed rate is still in inches, needs a conversion.

Calum

m.marino:

--- Quote from: smurph on May 02, 2014, 08:25:23 PM ---Open task manager and kill the hung Mach4GUI.exe process.

--- End quote ---

Yes, did that first thing on the first time it was not responding. Will try again and see if I can get a route trace on it. Thanks for the quick reply. One other area I should state is been using/building computers since before 98SE with industry use starting in '91. This is only to give a bit more back ground. There is still areas of software that i am good at finding issues and following directions but bad on tracking down on my own. -Michael

Edit: I did a file search and cleared all files that I could with Mach4 from the computer including the download. Re-downloaded Mach4 from site and installed in drive D (C still causing issues) and had it load drivers and open without issue this time. Will update once I have shut off computer and rebooted later today or tomorrow. Hopefully the issues will not repeat. - Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version