Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:32:13 AM

Author Topic: Spindle not running Properly  (Read 2627 times)

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
Spindle not running Properly
« on: March 15, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »
I have just encountered a wierd issue, I think I have solved it but I wanted to make sure that I have and that it wont appear suddenly when it would be a ver bad thing. I was running my spindle warmup and I heard the spindle shutting down and restarting over and over again. When I checked the diagnostic screen I saw MACH3 was turing the output which controles the spindle on and off. I also noticed that the DWELL was active on my main screen and it should not have been. I checked my motor tuning settings and noticed that the settings for the spindle motor were set at the settings recomended by CNC4PC for the breakout board I am using. which needs the 35K kernel to actually run. So in order to obtain the 10V out with the lower Kernel speed I have my system set to because of other issues I need to set my Step pulse to 6. I have two questions, (ONE) is the step pulse width going to cause any issues with my stepper drives? I dont think so but I am not an expert, and secondly would having the spindle motor velocity out of bounds for the current kernel cause the spindle output to cycle on and off?

Thanks

Mike
Re: Spindle not running Properly
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:00:58 AM »
The step pulse width of 6 is not going to hurt anything.

having the Vel out of the range for that kernel speed... That is bad and it will do many bad things :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com