Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:59:49 PM

Author Topic: Excellon to GCode converter plugin with Camera view ( good for PCB drilling )  (Read 15267 times)

This is Mach3 plugin for Excellon data format conversion to GCode data output file format. ( mostly required for PCB CNC drilling ) 

Part of processing is :
    - input data to real stock positions ( placement offset ) mapping and transformation
    - X-Y axis stock placement angle correction
    - data preview in graphical mode

It works with USB Camera now for easy machine to stock positions alignment !

Updated version :
  - spindle start /stop commands added before and after tool change command
  - improved stock positioning on screen ( move to zero checkbox )
  - added "INCH" excellon data command processing ( some of them do not use M72 but INCH instead....)
  - window size is smaller now , better for lower resolutions screen

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
First of all, you should make GUI scalable for people that will be using stand alone version (.exe) on computers with smaller resolution, eg. 1366x768 as the lower portion of GUI is not visible.
Second, besides decimal paces you should add a drop down for nondecimal part. I prefer to generate drill files in 4:3 metric format without any zeroes suppressed, neither leading nor trailing.
Third, In BackLash optimization add an item: None
Next, you can define G1 rate at the beginning of the G Code as a separate G1 F1xx to have less clutter in produced G Code.
Also, take out the comments out of G Code.

I know why I wrote this, I have a converter of my own brew :) (without camera support as all of my PCBs have a diagonal reference points for positioning onto machine bed.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
Updated version, known bugs are fixed.
Version 3.41

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
You don't need F** in every G1Zxx move. It is quite enough to place at the beginning of the file:
G1 F100 (or similar speed)
Also, you should allow 5 (five) digits for spindle speed, Chinese spindles regularly spins at 24krpm and some models up to 60krpm.
Next, you should list, besides .drl files the .txt files. Protel generates drill files with .txt extension.
Remove unnecessary zeroes from X and Y coordinates.

Try the attached file. It "understands" Protel format as well as the Altium Designer format. KiCad formats to be added soon.
Written by a friend of mine under m supervision/assistance.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:10:34 PM by ZASto »
Your comments are applied now. Zero supress  checkbox, repeat F checkbox and 5 digit spindle speed has been added, as well as input file format filter ( txt files) is changed.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Well, more suggestions:
Something is wrong with your optimization, actually it un-optimizes time to finish the drilling.
Statistics:

Optimization UnChecked:
Machine Time: 33:48
Cutting Time: 13:24
Rapid Time: 18:54

Optimization Checked:
Machine Time: 48:30
Cutting Time: 13:24
Rapid Time: 33:26 <====

GalBlastMMrel.txt is the input file, Happy.nc is file without optimization and HappyOptimized.nc is the slowest one.
Hi,
there is no time-optimizing. Its about movement optimizing from backlash point of view. Its something diferrent.