Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:06:02 AM

Author Topic: Limit Switches  (Read 6797 times)

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: Limit Switches
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 07:57:01 AM »
Thanks Zasto, I have read the manual, watched the videos, and yet I have difficulty understanding how the whole process works. I have referenced all the axis as per instructions but it still won't cut in the right direction e.g I will jog it to where I want it to cut, zero the axis, instead of going in the x+ and y+ direction to cut it will actually move to the x- and y- an then start to cut. It is not the lack of reading the manual, but probably lack of understanding how it works.

Nick
You messed something with settings.

Here are settings for a router that I'm using.
Machine is homing to the lower/left, jogs in the right directions, executes G Code in right directions.
As you will notice, I'm using same switch for Home/-- limit and Soft Limits.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:02:05 AM by ZASto »
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 07:58:07 AM »
Ok thats good.

If you press tab to get jog control up, then press the up arrow on the keyboard, does the the gantry move away from zero/home position i.e does it move in a positive direction??
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »
Thanks Zasto, I have read the manual, watched the videos, and yet I have difficulty understanding how the whole process works. I have referenced all the axis as per instructions but it still won't cut in the right direction e.g I will jog it to where I want it to cut, zero the axis, instead of going in the x+ and y+ direction to cut it will actually move to the x- and y- an then start to cut. It is not the lack of reading the manual, but probably lack of understanding how it works.

Nick
You messed something with settings.

Here are settings for a router that I'm using.
Machine is homing to the lower/left, jogs in the right directions, executes G Code in right directions.
As you will notice, I'm using same switch for Home/-- limit and Soft Limits.
Thanks for the pics Zasto, I have some of the settings different, but after changing them to look very similar to yours, it worked, I still not sure if I understand the X++ and Y++ etc, what they actually do if the whole lot of them were enabled like mine were, I could not find it in the manual, where it says you either enable one or the other or both, e.g Y++, X++, Y-, and X-, I may have overlooked it or didn't understand the explanation, OR maybe ALZHEIMERS is starting to kick in!!

Cheers

Nick
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
Ok thats good.

If you press tab to get jog control up, then press the up arrow on the keyboard, does the the gantry move away from zero/home position i.e does it move in a positive direction??

Yes Davek0974, all the jog keys work in the right direction, my settings in the ports and pins setting were a little bit out

Cheers
Nick

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 07:36:26 AM »
X++, Y++ and Z++ limit switches are at the opposite sides of their "--/Home" counterparts :)
I don't have "++" switches on my Chinese router, so I have Soft Limits active. Soft Limits are in Machine Coordinates.
Note that the axes in Home/SoftLimits settings are reversed, that means that during RefAllHome Z will travel in positive direction and X and Y axes will travel in negative direction, i.e. towards Home ("--") switches/sensors.

HTH
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 08:22:44 AM »
X++, Y++ and Z++ limit switches are at the opposite sides of their "--/Home" counterparts :)
I don't have "++" switches on my Chinese router, so I have Soft Limits active. Soft Limits are in Machine Coordinates.
Note that the axes in Home/SoftLimits settings are reversed, that means that during RefAllHome Z will travel in positive direction and X and Y axes will travel in negative direction, i.e. towards Home ("--") switches/sensors.

HTH
Thanks very much ZASto, that really helped to explain it

Cheers
Nick

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 08:46:53 AM »
You are welcome.