Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:35:52 PM

Author Topic: Camsoft - Galil DMC-1850 - stuck  (Read 3395 times)

Camsoft - Galil DMC-1850 - stuck
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:35:25 PM »
Making the move from Camsoft to Mach3. I have a Bridgeport Series 2 that has been running since 2003 with the Camsoft, however I need a change :)  for all the reasons others have posted.

Current setup is a DMC1850 with 2 ICM-1900, the Camsoft pendant and steppers. The machine is completely wired and for the most part runs fine. So the motor drivers, limits, etc are all hooked up. For now all I want to do is use the encoder on the pendant for testing. It is hooked up to aux 4 on the Galil.

I have SmartTerm, the Galil plugin and Mach3 installed. The plug in recognizes the board. I think I  remember that Camsoft had installed a driver for the board. Does it cause a conflict?

I have followed the docs in the plugin as far as mapping the axis and the connections for the limit switches. Now I am stuck, nothing moves. Any quick pointers? What do most people miss? Even though the hardware was working should I test for movement in Smart Term?

Thanks!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Camsoft - Galil DMC-1850 - stuck
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:17:11 AM »
I have no idea how Camsoft was running the Galil.  But the drive should be the same as the one from Galil.  So I don't think that is the problem.  Yes, try movement in the SmartTerm first.

Also, you can enable debugging in the Galil plugin.  It generated a GalilDebug.txt file in the plugins directory.  Enable debugging, then restart Mach, then exit out of Mach and post the resulting Galildebug.txt file.

Steve
Re: Camsoft - Galil DMC-1850 - stuck
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »
I started over with the configs, I think i missed the "save config" at the bottom. I'ts working now. I think I just needed to take a break and hit it again.

Thanks for help, I'm sure i will need more soon!!