Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:50 AM

Author Topic: Plasma section in the Forum  (Read 6926 times)

Plasma section in the Forum
« on: April 21, 2014, 04:02:32 PM »
My background in CNC machine shop operations is heavily CNC Milling. Plasma cutting is actually a different Industry field, and often not even done in the close proximity to precision mills and lathes due to the abrasive dust created. However, a large user base of Plasma machines are driven by Mach3.
I now have the task of getting a Plasma machine operational for another shop, and am in a steep learning curve
I have been reading comments and questions in the forum regarding setting up a DTHC for a Plasma machine by entering the search header.
Since Plasma machines, and THC iin particular is totally unrelated to Mill or Lathe questions a Plasma specific section would be very helpful, keeping the history of questions and answers in one place.

Thanks,

John

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma section in the Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »
A while Back I tryed to get that done but no luck.

You May want to go over to the CandCNC site. Tom has a Ethernet based system that has it OWN motion controller built in and does NOT rely on Mach3 for the precision  THC controls and it can be stepper OR servo based. It also has advanced Plasma machine controls built into mach3 as well.

A good source for info and TOm will answer most questions on his forum.

Just a suggestion, AND yes I use one of the earliier version of his systems.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:37:48 PM »
Thanks TP:
I have just subscribed to the CandCNC forum, and read quite a lot of their PDF files on the THC systems. Have not logged into the forum yet, as my application was just approved about an hour ago.

Personally, asking a question on the forum is not my cup of tea, but I do scan for commentary of interest.

Appreciate the feedback.

John
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
Does anybody in "management" actually read anything people suggest here?

It seems not.

John