Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:09:47 AM

Author Topic: Can't Jog  (Read 1894 times)

Can't Jog
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:32 AM »
I was on this forum a few weeks ago trying to get my mill up and running with Rutex and Campbell.  After discovering at least one bad board and probably two, I decided to punt that system and start over with new components.

I now have PMDX 126C, Gecko 320 (not x), and of course the latest version of Mach 3.  With some fiddling around, I was able to get all three axes working and ran some of the wizards successfully.

Then I decided to start hooking up the error stuff.  Wired up the y-axis according to PMDX faq sheet and then couldn't get the estop to turn off or the outputs to enable.  After a lot of fooling around, I decided to drop back and see if the original config still worked.  Took the error circuitry out, put the err/res jumper back on the Gecko module.  I still have the same situation.  Outputs won't enable.  I've check wiring multiple times and there's nothing amiss there.

I am able to jog all three axes when the switch register is configured to test mode, but that takes Mach 3 out of the loop.  For some reason, Mach 3 isn't allowing outputs to enable.

I did reload the xml file, bringing that back to the original config.

Suggestion for what to try next?  I don't think anything is actually broken; it's acting like some kind of user or config error.

thanks, rex
Re: Can't Jog
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:54:53 PM »
I should add that the estop light on the pmdx126 board is constantly on.  The estop jumper is in place and has never been removed.  Does this tell me that the board thinks there's a fault coming from somewhere?
Re: Can't Jog
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
OK, false alarm.  I investigated further and found that for some reason the screw wasn't tightened on the estop jumper.  It's always been that way, but just now reared its ugly head.  Working again.