Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:08 AM

Author Topic: Surely some Mach3 genus can answer this question?  (Read 3364 times)

Surely some Mach3 genus can answer this question?
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »
The software workaround: 1) make sure that the Mach3 signal level is such that when there is no step, pin 5 of the TB6560 (named CLK in the datasheet) is low. 2) Use 1/2 step Sherline mode, with kernel running at 25 or 35 kHz. The effect of Sherline mode is that the pulse will stay high for the entire duration of the kernel cycle, and reset on the next cycle. 3) Set the Direction pulse timing to the maximum (15 us - note the GUI indicates 1 to 5 but it will accept up to 15). The net effect is a long pulse (40 us for 25 kHz kernel, 28.5 us for 35 kHz), with the limitation that the maximum pulse rate is reduced to one half of the kernel frequency. This is not a problem given the fact that in any case the TB6560 maximum allowable step frequency is only 15 kHz.

The hardware workaround: replace R4 to R9 with lower value (470 or 1k). This will make the rising edge sharper and gain some pulse width margin. You can't go too low with the value, otherwise the falling edge will become too slow, reducing the margin. You still need to make sure the Mach3 signal level is as in point 1 above. You can then either use Sherline mode as above, or normal mode. In the latter case, just make sure both step and direction timings are set to their maximum (15 us) and don't exceed 35 kHz (there is no point and all it will do is reduce your pulse times, this eating the margin).

There are many more subtle and less subtle problems with the board design. It really sucks, but with either workaround it can be made to at least operate without losing steps.

How do I accomplish step one in Mach3 or can it be done at all? Simple enough right... Thanks in advance.

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
Re: Surely some Mach3 genus can answer this question?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »
Surely you only need to ask the same question once?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
This "genius" would suggest that you contact the maker or the party you bought that board from and ask they provide 
resolution to their boards problem.

Please do not continue to make multiple posts about the same boards problems.

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:18:57 AM »
For the benefit of others that follow...

You can waste a lot of time and effort trying to sort out the problems associated with the cheap Chinese controller boards - if your hobby is electronics and troubleshooting  then that's fine but if you just want an accurate and reliable CNC machine it is wise to use a tried and tested, reliable, product. It will not be as cheap but it will not be as much trouble and we all perhaps get what we pay for.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »
Sage advice, Tweakie. 

Best Regards,
John

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
beauman58,
I "personaly" will not respond to problems with the cheap chinese TB*********x controllers as i have  spent hours
helping a few young folks get theirs working. That was done out of feeling sorry they spent their small amount
of funds on junk! No more / never again. In fact I generaly ignore any posts about those junk controllers.

Here is why:
The pure junk controllers are sold to folks and the sellers and fabricators expect others to spend their time and
expertise to refine their product. They are leaches who use others to make money and support their product.

They then go on to sell pirated software or sometimes even provide setups that don't work. They don't care,
and again, expect nice folks like the ones on this site to address the needs of  their prey.

That said.......

Yes, this is a place to asks questions about Mach and you will certainly get the best answers in the world.
The problem you will have is that a lot of folks in here have the same opinion that was described above about the
controllers. The users of this forum are very generous in coverage of CNC matters and go out of their
way to help folks. Make note that they do this activity for free, but, they do not like to be or want to be taken
advantage of. BTW, they are not genus's, but rather some of the best you could hope to find in the area of
expertise they have to offer.

So feel free to use other forums if you so desire.
Have you considered using the genus of  the  TB6560 forum?
How about the forums created by the vendor you bought the controller from?

When you find that you have become expert in Mach by all means post a link here.
 I am sure the 1000's of mach users will want some of your time.

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 04:47:47 AM »
I "personally" will not respond to problems with the cheap Chinese TB*********x controllers as i have  spent hours
helping a few young folks get theirs working. That was done out of feeling sorry they spent their small amount
of funds on junk! No more / never again. In fact I generally ignore any posts about those junk controllers.

I think I am now joining with you on that one Rich  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE