Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:05:09 AM

Author Topic: Parallel port troubles... i think? New to mach3  (Read 2788 times)

Parallel port troubles... i think? New to mach3
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:45:04 PM »
Hey gang!  so i wired up my 3axis xylotex controller today and started working with the software.  Trouble is i cannot jog.  Currently what i have is a stepper motor sitting on my desk wired to the x axis.  windows xp on the PC hooked to the xylotex.  Driver test is a bit buggy but it says i am ok. I went to the yahoo group mentioned in my xylotex paperwork and copied the initial setup settings.  I have verified my port address, went in the bios and made sure it was enabled and set correctly.  Enabled all the right things. 

First odd thing..  when i first start up the software and jog,  the x coordinates on the screen change like i would expect.  Now, say i run the driver test again.  Jog is dead, nothing happens??  very odd.  But i dont think that is the issue.  Im guessing my onboard parallel port is just a dud?  I am using an old gateway desktop PC with a fresh install of xp and no other software. 

I read through a bunch of posts but nothing really described my issue?  Six pack of pabst blue ribbon to anyone who can help me out!!