Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:22:31 PM

Author Topic: HELP. newbie to mach but not CNC'ing  (Read 6068 times)

HELP. newbie to mach but not CNC'ing
« on: March 15, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »
Hi gang,
I am very much in need of help and guidance from you experts.
After many years of wanting my own cnc machine I finally purchaced what I thought could help with my various projects, that I could do at home

rather than getting caught doing them at work.
SO and yes before you say it (chinese CRAP) I purchased a TONSEN TS3040c -H80 and you wouldnt be wrong, but I have it now and I have to

make this work or the missus will not look to kindly to my not using it.
I have never used MACH3 until now but I have managed the basics of the software that came with the machine, but my problem involes it

screwing up for what ever reason when cutting a project I am currently working on, some thing is causing it to miss steps and I am unable to return

exactly back to my start point / home position that should be the same point every time.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

TIME FOR ME TO ADD LIMIT SWITCHES.....................   ??? ??? ??? ???

THIS IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM, AT THIS TIME, as you will see from the attached pic I have NO inputs on this board,
( I could be wrong unless you can see them) so a friend from work suggested I used the ESTOP to wire limits to....... the ESTOP only has 2 wires

and is connected to the BOB at the JT position

I have played around this morning but to no avail, I have the switches screwed to a piece of wood at the mo (until I can prove they work as they

should), when I REF ALL HOME the Z lifts up and I trick it into thinking it has touched the limit switch, then I have to reset the system but this

doesnt continue to the X or Y axis as I have been told they would do.

Can some kind soul on here help me by drawing me a simple diagram that shows the correct method of connection ( parallel or series) to wire

the limit switches ( only x3 XYZ) should be connected to the ESTOP and also tel me how to, or what to set, in MACH3 setting to make, the

following work.

TURN ON MACHINE, or at any time I wish, to press REF ALL HOME and the machine returns to all the limit switches without having to do a

RESET or anything else, untill it has found my chosen home point.
OR If there is any one in the Gloucester, UK area that could come round and help me...

Thanks for reading and hopefully some one here can help....
Re: HELP. newbie to mach but not CNC'ing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
I would post a Pic of the BOB But this forum wont let me AAAARRRRRHHHHHHH..................

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »
You can attach pics by using the Additional Options button on the reply page.
Can you also attach your xml, you will have to rename that to something unique first as the forum will only accept a file name to be attached once.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:54:12 AM »
Here's A pic of the TS3040c-H80 BOB as you can see there is only 2 input areas on the entire booard,

the ESTOP at JT marked area on the right,
And also,
I think the area marked TOOL on the left is (hopefully) a autotool zero input which will be very helpfull, if it is for that (it has 3 pins in the connection block) if any any knows how to wire that up would help also.

I am starting to think that I may have to purchase another BOB to make these switchs work. maybe a DB25 would be a good replacement
but I cant afford waiting a month for delivery Is the a supplier in the UK that is selling something simular for £20-£30 ?????  
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 05:19:51 AM »
Think I have done this right... ????

means nothing to me but if you can read it and help

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:37:31 AM »
You are using a pirated license. If you believe this to be in error please contact licensing support. You'll get no further help here until you resolve this.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
The software came with the machine, I payed for the machine which inclued the software, if its a pirated licence then your gripe is with the sellers on ebay not myself. if you wish not to help then that is your choice, I have no objection in converting to another operating software

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
The software came with the machine, I payed for the machine which inclued the software, if its a pirated licence then your gripe is with the sellers on ebay not myself. if you wish not to help then that is your choice, I have no objection in converting to another operating software

Unfortunately that's the wrong answer.

You payed for a dodgy machine which included STOLEN software. It is YOU that has been sold a pup and it is YOU that is now asking for help on getting it to work. Use whatever software you like - we couldn't care less. Good luck with getting the level of support elsewhere that you'd have got here. You're now banned. Have a nice day.