Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:24:38 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO IP/S MPG Jog issue  (Read 10238 times)

Re: CSMIO IP/S MPG Jog issue
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 11:01:28 AM »
Johann,

CS-Lab indicated a new plugin within a few weeks.

Roy
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 11:10:56 AM »
Just tried 2.2 plugin on the wee lathe and its fine. As said I use servos so probably not a perfect comparison.
Hood

I use servo's too and although you might not hear a difference it is obvious that the steps are "shorter". At certain revs of the hand wheel it causes a motion as if attached to a rubber band. Also on my Z axis the brake is making more noise compared to before.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »
Just tried 2.2 plugin on the wee lathe and its fine. As said I use servos so probably not a perfect comparison.
Hood

I use servo's too and although you might not hear a difference it is obvious that the steps are "shorter". At certain revs of the hand wheel it causes a motion as if attached to a rubber band. Also on my Z axis the brake is making more noise compared to before.

I can assure you I do not suffer from this issue, I dont use the small lathe much but today I fired it up to check this again but this time more thoroughly and it does not display this problem. The Chiron I use daily and again does not display this issue.
Why some people have this issue and some not I am unsure, maybe acceleration differences?
I am sure  CS-Lab will get it sorted soon, for the people that have the issue, in the mean time I think if I had the issue I would just revert to the previous version as that should clear up the issue.

I dont understand about your brake, how is that configured?

Hood
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 04:37:21 AM »
I dont understand about your brake, how is that configured?

Hood

The brake is driven from the servo, Delta ASDA-B2. At or below a certain slow speed the brake is engaged after each step, at faster motion it stays open. I guess engaging is related to the pulse length. Now at the higher 0,1 MPG speed it sounds like the brake is engaging more often.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 07:59:52 AM »
That doesn't seem to be the normal way for a brake to be applied, the norm is disable the brake when the drive is enabled and vice versa.
That of course is just an observation and would not stop the issue you are having with the MPG module.
I am curious as to what your velocity and accel are.

One thing I can say is the MPG motion changed way back to a much more rigid control than it initially was.  I reported that to CS-Lab at the time and they basically said MPG had been changed because people with certain systems had been complaining about over run when they stopped winding the MPG. My thoughts were it was basically  people with slow acceleration, most likely steppers that were seeing that issue and due to these changes  the fluidity of the MPG for people with servos and fast acceleration was adversly affected. I wonder if this is a continuation of that initial change or possibly an attempt to find a happy medium.
 I would say I have certainly not noticed any change on my machines latterly so maybe I am barking up the wrong tree all together.

Hood