Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:04:58 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 & Arcs in XZ Plane HELP! Its going in circles!  (Read 3649 times)

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
MACH3 & Arcs in XZ Plane HELP! Its going in circles!
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »
I am pretty new to the Mach 3 so forgive me if I ask silly questions. Recently I outputted a file from my mastercam and I missed seeing that I had the filters generating arcs in all the planes. When Looked at from the top the toolpath looks ok, however after crashing while running the toolpath a few times I discovered that when viewed from the front the toolpath has all these lovely cricles in it... which it endevours to follow dilligently. So, I have a couple of questions... 1> How can I tell if its the POST telling my Mach 3 something silly? (i.e. what should I look for in the G-Code which would properly define a small arc in the XZ plane where it is only travelling a portion of the arc instead of the entire arc as it does now?)  or 2> is it some blatantly obvious setting I have missed in my Mach 3?

Art

Re: MACH3 & Arcs in XZ Plane HELP! Its going in circles!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »
Hi :

Check the setting of the IJ mode in config/state. Usually toggleing that setting will remove all the circles.If it doesn't then its usually a post error..

Art

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
Re: MACH3 & Arcs in XZ Plane HELP! Its going in circles!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:41:35 AM »
Art,
 I tried toggeling that setting and the circles just got worse! The wierd thing is the G code looks the same for the arcs in the XY plane and they turn out right, but for some reason when in the X-Z plane the G code is either subtley different or the Mach 3 interperets it differentloy.... of course that said, i wouldnt understand the subtleties of the g-code for all I know they are as different as night and day... they just look similar.

Mike