Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:06:45 AM

Author Topic: Another newbe with a 3040Z CNC from China :(  (Read 41614 times)

Re: Another newbe with a 3040Z CNC from China :(
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:10 PM »
I used your settings too and it kinda worked. The motors run forward (positive direction) nicely and smoothly, but when I reverse the direction (negative), it "locks" and stops. This is happening to all the motors (XYZ), but most commonly on the Y motor. Sometimes, the Z and X motors work fine going forwards and backwards (upwards and downwards), but they still occasionally stop and "lock". To fix this lock I need to press random jog buttons and find one that works so that they "unlock" and work again. On the other hand, the Y motor still locks when going reverse. It moves backward for a short time, then it locks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jannes
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 08:01:33 AM »
I have also trouble with motors not moving. Can someone helps me please?
it is like lpt doesn't work or software doesn't recognise ports.
Also when pressing stop button on controller board macg3 does't recognise it was pressed!
my settings is the same as this

Port 1 (0x378) Matches what I have in system settings
Kernal Speed 25000

Pin Setup
X Axis Step Pin 2, Dir Pin 3 (Dir Low) (Step Low) Step Port 1, Dir Port 1
Y Axis Step Pin 4, Dir Pin 5 (Step Low) Step Port 1, Dir Port 1
Z Axis Step Pin 6, Dir Pin 7 (Step Low) Step Port 1, Dir Port 1
Probe Port1, Pin 15, (Active Low)
Estop Port 1, Pin 10, (Active Low)
Enable Port1, Pin 14

Motor Tuning
X Axis Steps Per 200, Velocity 2000, Acc 200, Step Pulse 3, Dir Pulse 1
Y Axis Steps Per 200, Velocity 2000, Acc 200, Step Pulse 3, Dir Pulse 1
Z Axis Steps Per 200, Velocity 800, Acc 150, Step Pulse 3, Dir Pulse 1
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 11:01:17 PM »
      I also purchased a 3040 a couple of days ago- here is where I am at.... Up and running, and starting to learn how to run gcodes. Been a machinist for many years but no previous experience with machines like this. So I have much to learn. I am using the mach3 demo at the moment but I have other software to experiment with later on. I will probably get the mach3 full version soon though, so far I really like it and it has some add on features I can see using later on. (like the coil winder)

Hello Blisk- I hope you have yours going by now. Mine is the 3040DQ 3 axis version and using the settings you posted works fine, with the exception of the "steps per" in motor tuning. I had to change this from 200 to 400 as everything was half sized. For example a 30mm long movement was only moving 15mm. Other that that no problems, but I am still reading the setup manual on fine points.

I'd like to know if the 35000 kernal speed would improve things and if it is normal for the steppers to whine at some slow speeds. The velocity speed is also very fast for me, and I'd like to slow it down some until I get limit switches installed.

Speaking of adding limit switches- the controller I have has the same JP-382A board that is shown in the photo of the first post of this thread. I don't see any provided connections on the board- so should I just connect them to the Estop connection? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 03:17:47 AM »
Yes I finally make it to work manually so I can move on X,Y andZ axis. Problem is because mach3 doesn't work on windows 64 and that is major doubt on buying mach3, I have demo now also.
Second problem is Parallel port PCIE card, it doesn't work, so I have pulled out some old PC with parellel port builded in.
And third thing I tried is windows 7 64 but installed with XPmode this also didn't work at all.
So finally I have installed windows 7 32 bit and that works.
Problem si because I don't know how to prepare file for milling and what settings to use.
I have an STL file and I have put into the SLICER to get Gcode. But how to setup, which drill I will use, what size of drill, how fast drill should cut material how deep it should cut into, etc.
And how to mill so the object will not fall out when you mill it to the bottom

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 03:35:40 AM »
And how to mill so the object will not fall out when you mill it to the bottom

Most CAD/CAM software will allow you to create the Gcode with 'tabs' to stop the finished part from falling out. Another option would be to mount your stock onto the spoil board with double sided sticky ( as well as the clamps, if necessary ) that is usually enough to hold the finished part in place. There are also other options - as you are starting to discover, CNC is a never ending journey of learning.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
hope you got it sorted only just seen this x pins are 16 17 on mine y 4 5 z 6 7 a 8 9 e stop is 10