Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:40:40 AM

Author Topic: Old Dynapath System 10 upgrading to Galil CS 18420 ICM 2900 No idea on wiring???  (Read 51968 times)

Do you think I should replace the drives? The Y axis won't balance perfect with the dynapath...

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
By balance, you mean not drift?  If so, you can use the OF command on the Galil to correct.  And I believe there is a pot on the amp that can adjust that to.  And the point become moot once the servos are energized and the Galil is holding them in position.

Steve
No, Within the dynapath controller there was a delay that needed to read zero, You adjust via pots on the boards. The servos/axis never drift.

Any Ideas on the Encoders not reporting? I have them configured as 0 and 0 in the ports and pins. With them check marked green. I also checked the wiring, the encoders are getting the voltage they need, so the Galil is supplying it.
See what you have in this setting in the plugin config.

Darek
Both options under "motor options" are unchecked. Otherwise my screen is identical.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
Hmm...  Are you able to run the Galil with the Terminal.  Meaning do you get encoder counts in the watch window?

You do not have to setup the Mach encoders for the Galil, so that isn't it.  They should be fed to Mach by the plugin.

Steve
So after reading the manual.... I found out the index +/- is not where I connect my encoder, once I moved the two wires to A+ and B+ the encoders respond!!! Now I just need to wire a bit more up and start tunning... I'll be back once I start that lol
Ok, well I thought I had this under control, but the spindle is being difficult. Does anyone have any information on this dude??

Also once I turn on the servo amps x, y, and z all start drifting around until they hit the limits (which I have not wired into the I/O yet. I can't get them to stop. Within the galil status window the positions are way out there.. Is this why the axis are moving? Or is it because I have the servos or encoders wired in reverse?

Poor man screenshots... Actually it's past midnight and I'm too tired to open word pad. :)

After I have done some reading I have three issues to resolve. 1: Wiring the spindle. Right now the signal to turn on the spindle comes from a PLC which the Dynapath talks to. I could try to send the same signals ( I did this with jumper wires last night) but the signal the Dynapath sends is on three wires 24v+ and is a momentary signal. Almost a full second is needed for the PLC to latch and power up the spindle. Another option is just to bypass the PLC and allow mach3 to run it. 2: When the Servos hit their limits, they shut down, The servo amps some how allow the dynapath to move them off their limits, but I can't get mach to do it. This could due to issue three.... 3: The servos seam to not respond correctly to commands, in fact they are moving as soon as they are turned on, see post above. I've went through both the galil manual and the westamp manual, I cant seam to find a solution. I did run into this and I'm wondering if this is my issue...

http://www.galilmc.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6309
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:31:38 PM by Wilde Racing »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
Hmm...  could be.  I need to look at the Westamp manual again.

Steve