Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:07:22 AM

Author Topic: Good VFD for Mach 3  (Read 6335 times)

Good VFD for Mach 3
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
Looking for an easily compatible VFD to work with M3 for spindle control. I'm going to be purchasing a 110 to 230 soon and don't want to run into any problems in the future. I saw the Huanyaung VFD's have a plug-in but I'm willing to spend a little extra if there are better VFD's out there.

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Good VFD for Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »
Check out the hitachi x200.
Works with modbus through Mach. I hooked one up and it was fairly simple. Do some searching here and CNC zone and you'll find plenty of info.
Derek
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
I can wire either way 220 or 110 to get power over there (even thgouh 110 is close by). Down the road would it be more beneficial to have 220 available for other CNC stuff (tranformers, etc)?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 10:13:01 PM »
Hello,
  I am new to this forum but and happy to bring some information to the table. I am running an Emerson CT Drive (SK Commander). It is a 1.5 hp 220 v single phase input with 3 phase output.  All software is free from Emerson website.  If needed and you can not find it online, I have it.  The only down side to this drive is to access the upper parameters to adjust most high speed spindle motors volts to hz ratio needs a cable.  They do sell the USB adapter. i tis it is about $60.00 but I can not remember.   I have to say it is very handy.  I am able to go online with the drive and monitor loads, amp, and I am able to make adjustments directly into the drive and have explanations on every parameter with the direct PDF manual.  It sounds all easy but there is a bit of a learning curve if there is no knowledge in drive programming.  I would give it a good thumbs up.  :) This can be ordered from Ebay, or from PLc Center. 

Now we were talking about Modbus.  This does have the capabilities. 

http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/EMERSON/SKBD200110
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:08:41 PM »
I work mostly with Allen Bradley VFD's at work and they are solid, but a little expensive.  We also have lots of Modicon equipment (Schneider Electric), and I work with Modbus a lot, so I decided to go with Altivar 12 drives from Schneider Electric.  It took me a while to figure out how to write to them, but now I have it figured out, they seem to work really nice.  I'm now starting to get into the Macro pump and brains programmig to integrate them into Mach 3.

TeaMan