Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:15:43 PM

Author Topic: Add-on card I/O resource issue  (Read 5193 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Add-on card I/O resource issue
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:25 PM »
What Hood said is correct but you should try first to see if your new pc supports parallel port

I may be wrong but what I suspect is that your new PC may not support parallel port and that is why you cant see it on the BIOS. On my XP pc I went to the BIOS to set my printer port.

Perhaps you can try on the Device Manager under printers to see if a parallel port exist and if not try to add a Device and select parallel port or something similar
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
You will not see a PCI Parallel Port showing in the BIOS, only onboard ports will show there.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 01:46:35 AM »
I reinstalled mach, but couldn't get Drivertest to run.  I finally figured out that I had to run it as an "Administrator" and it ran.  It ran and at first it said it was ok, but then it said it was pulsing too fast.  After messing around with it for an hour.  I said the hell with it, bought a new computer with a parrellel port and was up and running in about 30 minutes back to where I was before the last PC died.

Even though I couldn't get it to work with the add-on card, I really appreciate the help.