Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:03:33 PM

Author Topic: Unable to see tool path after loading new G-code file?  (Read 7131 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to see tool path after loading new G-code file?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
If you want to attach your code I can see if it looks ok here.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »
Hello Forum,

I am not sure whether I have solved the problem, but I found there was an error in the drawing and or Gcode that, on simulation run in Mach 3 the program stopped. The line reads "Zero Radius ArcLine 2637". I have no idea what this means, and without being able to see the tool path I did not know where it was on the project, so I just ran a piece of material and it was in the letter "C" in some of the text. I tried redrawing the file's art work several times and this same error came up several times, further down the Gcode. But after I simplified the artwork, I got a ToolPath displayed in Mach 3 and the program ran without a problem.

So I guess, if you do not get a ToolPath image in Mach3 you had better not run the program until you find the error in the code. I hope that is correct.

Cismontguy

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »
If you don't see the toolpath, the error should be displayed as soon as you load the g-code.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
Hello,

The error was in the Status Line and I did not see it or it did not come up until I ran the Mach3 simulation. I did not know that if the program ran OK in BobCAM's simulation it might not be OK in Mach3. I am just not that familiar with the software yet. Cutting a second sample right now. First one came out OK.

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Cismontguy