Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:46:13 PM

Author Topic: Please Help! Slave Turns Faster Than Master  (Read 2354 times)

Please Help! Slave Turns Faster Than Master
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:36:31 AM »
Greetings all,
Im testing the motors on my new build and am slaving my "Y" axis with "A".  Everything else runs perfectly but when I jog my "Y" axis the slave turns 4 to 1 of the master.  Directions are right but no synchronized speed.  Has anyone come across this problem and what could be the fix?  Im using an A145A breakout board.  Ive spent days going over everything and all seems well.  I seem to have tried everything but may be missing something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Many Thanks!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help! Slave Turns Faster Than Master
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:57:55 AM »
Sounds like you may have the microstepping on your drives set differently.
Hood
Re: Please Help! Slave Turns Faster Than Master
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:18:11 AM »
Hi Hood,
Thanks for your quick response. I too thought the microsteps were different.  They were all the same.  After days of frustration and going over everything, I finally tried an inexpensive breakout board I had laying around and it works beautifully.  The 6 axis A145A B/O with three relays didnt want to cooperate with the slave.  I tried wiring the slave to alternate ports too and the problem followed.  I finally got the X and slave in sync and follow each other.  Now I just have to figure out how to turn on the plasma torch with an output.  Im hoping the output will turn on a solid state relay for the plasma and router.  Thanks again for all your help.  This forum is a great resource.  Thanks again for your input.
Cheers!