Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:08:04 PM

Author Topic: is there a way to go back to your last toolpath home position??  (Read 7271 times)

is there a way to go back to your last toolpath home position??
« on: February 22, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »
Hi guys, im non stop messing things up here the last few days. Ugh... this time I zeroed out the wrong axis after I changed tools and was tryingto just zero out the z axis. Is there any way to find out what my home position was for the last toolpath so I can just type it in and go back to there? Please let me know. I aappreciate any support. Thanks again!
Re: is there a way to go back to your last toolpath home position??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »
Zero the wrong DRO .... easy to do, done that too.
Once you do that though, you have changed that axis's offset to Lord knows what. Pitty, there is not an "undo" button.
You need to do as in your other post and pick up a reference feature on your part or fixture.
Russ
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
Once you do that though, you have changed that axis's offset to Lord knows what. Pitty, there is not an "undo" button.
You need to do as in your other post and pick up a reference feature on your part or fixture.
Russ
How exactly do I do that? I have no clue. Thanks for any help you can give me. Thanks.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
Russ
also... when I press the "machine coords" key it brings up new values... is that maybe where I need to be? Dont mean to be asking stupid questions. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »
Look at your other post. Gary explained pretty well.
In the future, you can duplicate your G54 offsets by setting them the same for G55. Then if you mess up, you still have the original offsets saved as G55.

You need to study the difference between Machine and Work offsets coordinates.
Did you download the manual ? It is explained pretty good there.

Do you have HOME switches ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:59:16 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »
If you DON"T have home switches, You can jog to your PART x0,y0 and zero the Part (G54) DRO's and also hit the Ref ALL HOME button. As long as you never hit the Ref ALL HOME again, it will duplicate you PART 0,0, so if you mess up your part coord, you can look at the MACHINE coords and coopy that value into the PART coord DRO and you will be back where you were.

All you really need is a small hole somewhere on your stock just off of the finished surface. Save the coord of that hole so you can pick it up later if you need to. Or, ref. the vise jaw and stop ... if using one.
Other ways too, I'm sure.
Russ