Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:28:16 PM

Author Topic: feed command not responding  (Read 2549 times)

Offline ofg

•  29 29
    • View Profile
feed command not responding
« on: January 20, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
Alright, so I did search this topic, but not finding results. Im having trouble with feed rate in mach3. It seems like if I goto mdi and move the spindle, then back to run mode and start, then the feed will just run at rapid speed. This is not consistant! Sometimes, it dosent do that. While editing g code, I can change feed rate, and sometimes the machine will pick it up, and sometimes it remains at the previous feed rate. I was trying to use the feed rate over ride to get things moving, but then when I tried that, it finally picked up my new (slower) edited feed rate, and then it was too slow. I cannot get the same feed rate from part to part!  HELP!

n10  g94f6.x0.y0.z0.5
n20 x.12y-.25
n40 z-.053
n50 y1.2
n60 x.2
n70 y-.2
n80 x.4
n90 y1.2
n100 x.6
n110 y-.2

This is the first part of my program, just a portion of it. The first line is the only place I have the g94f6. at. Do I need a dot after the f number? What is wrong with my code? Does it need something else? Thanks!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: feed command not responding
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:24:31 PM »
I would suggest that you have a look in the manual about what it says about
G0 and G01 commands.

I woud also recommend that you consider CNC Programming Handbook by Smid as a reference / study guide.

In the mean time, you may want to generate some code from the Wizards to see how it's done and study the generated code.

RICH

Offline ofg

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »
Thanks very much. I had been reading the manual, and also working with wizards. Im still not sure whats going on. Anybody have any useful input?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:10:04 PM »
There are no G0 or G1's in your code.
G1 and G0 are modal, that means whichever was last used will be used for the next commanded move. So if G0 is active then running your code it will move at rapid speed (that is what G0 is) and it wont matter that there is a feed call in your code.

If G1 had been active then your feed would be observed, best to put G1's or G0's in your code where they are meant to be so that you dont have problems, especially as you seem to be new to things.
Hood

Offline ofg

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
Thanks very much. Now it works. Sorry for the snappyness, but I did search,, and actually asking for help was the last resort. Thanks again,, that was very helpful!