Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:23:37 PM

Author Topic: Migrating to newer computer  (Read 8525 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Migrating to newer computer
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 04:12:03 PM »
Mark,

Try this: Disable soft limits and see what you get.  That may make a difference on the homing and the JG only valid when running in jog mode.  Are you running a gantry axis?

Steve
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
I'm out of town for a week but will investigate this more when I return.

I need to read up on the Mach3 options for homing/limits options as I don't really understand what each option does.  I messed around with them and got the error to go away but haven't figured out how to get the table limits entered (mine homes to upper right).

It started doing strange things, like jog commands in either direction would only jog towards the home switches. 

When I get back I'll read up more on the options, especially reversed and home negative as these seem to have a correlation to each other.  I'll do some testing and take notes.

Mark
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
Back from travel and believe I solved one problem.
Also noticed I didn't answer your question about a gantry system.  If I understand what a gantry is it is typically one of those large flat wood routing or plasma cutters that has an overhead gantry.  No, mine is a Wells Index knee mill.

And, I'm pretty sure I solved one issue.  My mill homes to upper right.  I was trying to enter zero for far left and say 40 for far right in the soft max and soft min for the X axis and it didn't like that.  I read about the home offset in the Homing/Limits config and it mentioned you could enter a value there if you home to say the middle of your table.  Since mine offsets in upper right I just entered my soft max and soft min then put the home offset for X and Y at the max value.  It seems right but I didn't have a lot of time to play with it.

Now I just have to figure out why it isn't consistently indexing.  I did verify there are wires into both + and - index pins on the Galil breakout board for each axis(I believe it's a 1900) but I haven't run the wires back.  I suppose an easier way would be to look in the Galil documentation and see if I can find a place to 'see' the index pulses in the Galil software/driver.

Mark