Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:30:39 AM

Author Topic: Newbie Question on Loosing Steps....Coords  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Question on Loosing Steps....Coords
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »
Dont see anything wrong with the xml from first glance and as long as you saved the work offset when prompted when closing Mach then it should have been fine the next day. Normal routine would be to shut down Mach and when it asks if you want to save the fixture you say yes.
Next day you start Mach, home the machine then your offset zero position should be exactly the same as the previous day.

Hood

Offline JMF

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »
Thanks Hood, appreciate your time and help.

I discovered something tonight that may have had something to do with it,
first I had to replace my X Axis Ball Nut, it was bad, weird thing though is I just finished two pretty big cutting jobs with no noticeable X Axis problems other than the strange coordinate issue, then I started checking my steps per inch tonight and the X axis sounded horrible, replaced the nut ok, then my PC locked up, it's been doing that more and more, I will reload Mach and see if the PC still locks up else I may have to reload the OS again, so between the two issues I just mentioned I'm lucky I even got through my last two jobs, thanks again.

John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:16 AM »
Is it the PC that is locking or just Mach? If it is the PC then it could be an issue with the hardware rather than just the software. Have a look at the motherboard and see if any of the capacitors are bulging, also have a look in the BIOS and see if the voltages are close to what they are meant to be and teps are ok.
Hood

Offline JMF

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »
Is it the PC that is locking or just Mach? If it is the PC then it could be an issue with the hardware rather than just the software. Have a look at the motherboard and see if any of the capacitors are bulging, also have a look in the BIOS and see if the voltages are close to what they are meant to be and teps are ok.
Hood

It's the PC locking up not just Mach, I'll open it up and take a look at your suggestions.

Thanks,
      John