Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:36:16 AM

Author Topic: Galil OE function  (Read 5887 times)

Galil OE function
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:26:42 AM »
I would like to use the Galil OE (Off-on-Error) function with the Mach3 Plugin. In Smart Terminal I enabled the axis with the OE command, set error limits with the ER command and did a BN to the Galil memory. It does stop motion when the limit is exceeded but I have no indication in Mach3 what happened other than the stopped motion. Is there a way for the Galil to notify Mach3 in this situation.

One more question, is there a way to get the TE information from the Data Record into a Mach3 OEMDRO?

It would be nice if the OE function was part of the Plugin. It can really protect your system against a crapped out servo drive or motor!

Thanks for the updated Plugin, it made a big difference on my setup!
Darek

Re: Galil OE function
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »
I hooked the ERROR output of the Galil back into one of the general purpose inputs to signal Mach 3 of the fault.

I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone using the Galil with encoder feedback use the Off-on-Error function.

This is from the Galil command reference manual under the OE command.

Hint: The OE command is useful for preventing system damage due to excessive error.

Darek  

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
Darek,

If you are using the latest plugin, there is a Notify message tab in the configuration dialog that is capable of sending any command to the controller (Such as TE) and load the result in a DRO.  You can attach the command to a button with the VB NotifyPlugin() function.  Or you could use the error signal in a MACRO to send the notify message to get automatic error codes.

I might add the position error settings into the plugin configuration dialog.  But right now, it is considered like the tuning parameters (KP, KI, KD) and offset voltages (OF), something to be set and burned into the controller.

Steve
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »
Steve,

Sounds good.

The example in the GalilPlugin.pdf shows using a DRO to set a Galil variable "SPI=DRO55". Would the command string be "DRO1001=TEA" since I am wanting to set the DRO with the Galil response?

Thanks,
Darek

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 05:07:34 PM »
Darek,

You got it!  That's how it would work.  Of course, this makes many things possible.  Mach/Galil makes for a very powerful solution machine control solution.

Steve

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »
Steve,

Yes it does!  

Just to be sure I get the whole picture I would then use NotifyPlugin(3000) in a macro or macropump to trigger the command I have enabled under MessageID 3000 in the Plugin.

Thanks,
Darek

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 01:14:43 AM »
That's it.   Nothing more to it than that.