Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:56:45 AM

Author Topic: Brand new and need major help  (Read 2206 times)

Brand new and need major help
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:24:17 PM »
Hello all. I just got this 3040Z-DQ ballscrew engraving machine today. I have Mach3 installed and configured. That's as far as I can get. I tried opening one of the sample GCode files called roadrunner.tap. I didn't know what to do beyond loading the file. Then I downloaded a GCode (.tap) file and started trying to follow the text file directions. The axises barely moved at all. Then I tried converting from mm to inches from instructions I recieved from googling around. Now I got things all messed up over here. I had axises moving in reverse and everything. What I mess I made. Not sure what to do. Installing and following manufacturer's instructions did not work from the beginning and that is what has sent me into this mess. I really didn't think it would be this hard. Well, any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated and I hope to hear from someone soon. In the meantime, I will continue to dink around with this thing and see if I can straighten out something. Probably not. Thank you for reading this.
Best regards
Ben