Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:22:14 PM

Author Topic: External E-Stop Requested without and changes  (Read 2067 times)

External E-Stop Requested without and changes
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
My machine has been running flawlessly for years until this morning.  I had left the machine on overnight and when I went to jog it, the interface (computer) was frozen.  I did a hard reboot of the PC and when it came back on, I pressed the reset button as normal but it keeps flashing External E-Stop request.  I tested my E-Stop switch and it is fine.  I flipped the low setting in config and this allowed me to get rid of the error.  When I try to reference all home, the DRO readings change like it's moving but no movement on the AC servos.  The spindle start and stops with no problem.  No LEDs on the diagnostics screen other than the emergency LED.  Again, this has been running flawlessly for years run up until this morning and nothing has changed.   I'm at a loss with this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: External E-Stop Requested without and changes
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 04:26:14 PM »
If you are sure you have opened the correct profile then you can try loading a backup xml.
With Mach closed browse to the Mach3 folder on your drive, you will see another called xmlbackups.
Find the latest one in there and change the file extension from xbk to xml then copy and paste it into your main Mach3 folder, it should ask you if you want to overwrite the existing one, say yes and then you can restart Mach and see if your problems are solved.
Hood
Re: External E-Stop Requested without and changes
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:01:20 AM »
Thank you very much!  That did the trick.  Not sure how it got switched but working now.

Thanks again!