Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 08:40:14 AM

Author Topic: Z Axis Revisons and Shuttle PRO!!!  (Read 1554 times)

Z Axis Revisons and Shuttle PRO!!!
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
Hello

Its been a busy week but I just wrapped up some much needed revisions to my router.  I built this machine about three years ago.  Of course there were a few things that have been eating at me but I never had really addressed them.  I changed my motor tuning on my z axis and slowed my rapids down and everything was good short of being a little slow.  I had originally used and acme lead screw with an acetal anti backlash nut for z.  A couple of weeks ago we had an IAI motor burn up, so I salvaged the lead screw and off I went.  Originally I was running a 425 oz in motor.  I opted to go with a 906 oz in for the new lead screw and a digital driver both of which I purchased from Keling INC.  I had purchased other items from them so I decided to use them again.  I had a higher voltage power supply that I had never used, so that saved me some extra cash.  I got all my retrofit plates made last week and started installing at the first of this week.  Last night I had everything wrapped up and wired and decided to call it a night.  This afternoon I got the new motor calibrated and tuned.  Wow what an upgrade.  I am enclosing some before and after to picks to show the changes.  The only issue I had was when I was increasing my speeds on the z axis in the motor tuning I started having problems with my shuttle pro.  I restarted Mach and it displayed no shuttle found.  After I rebooted the computer it started working again.  Once again when I went into motor tuning it had another fit.  Now this shuttle pro has had a rough life.  Its been dropped numerous times.  It just seems odd that it was fine until now.  I cloned my configurations and made the changes so I would still have my original settings.  Would any of this cause this problem?  I rebooted and got it back working but when I went to jog after the program ended it was dead again.  Manual control of the machine via the keyboard is still functional. I swapped usb ports once and got an error on the device manager.  This made me think it was a shuttle pro problem.  Rebooted the computer and plugged it back in and it recognized at that time.  I was just debating on getting a better pendant or is this a problem I have created. Three years into to this stuff and I learn something new everyday. One step forward and two steps back!!!! As always thanks for the help.