Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:49:59 PM

Author Topic: Post processors  (Read 2753 times)

Post processors
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »
Ive only been using cnc for about 4 months now. So I dont know any were around what I would like to know .
Ive been in contact with solidcam. They will be sending me over a post processor for 4 axis work , for mach3 .
Should this post processor work on all 4 axis machines with Mach3 & SolidCam?
How do I know if its proper and right for me? DO I just run it hoping it doesnt crash into my machine ?
I have no problem posting it publicly. If any one wants to test it out.
 I just want to know if its going to do what its suppose to . Im not sure how to do that.
~Mark

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Post processors
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »
Solidcam should know what they are providing and doing as it relates to  Mach3 usage.
Like anything, try a few different postings from SolidCam and dry run it or review the posted code
to see if there is anything strange.

If something is wrong get back to them and surely they will assist.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Would one generic  post processor work on other machines besides just mine? There not meant for just one specific machine correct?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »
Should work with any Mach controlled machine as the posting will be based on the info you defined in SolidCam.
There may / should  be different post processors for different kinds of machines ie; mill, lathe.
You would probably need to select the correct post processor in Solidcam before posting,......I don't use Solidcam ...

RICH
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Rich
I understand how to select a Post Processor. Im using S/C now three axis .
The way it works you up load a Post Processor to a directory then that PP is available in a drop down.
I was in need  of as 4 axis PP because solidcam didnt offer one from there generic drop down menu that comes with there soft ware .   The 3axis PP Im using now came off the web.
So the rep I deal with I guess has to make one I dunno .
I just dont want to spend this money to find out down the road somethings not right .
I guess we will see . I cant use the software with out it .