Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:46:06 AM

Author Topic: Write Wizard- any way of keepingit open  (Read 5993 times)

Write Wizard- any way of keepingit open
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »
Have been using the write wizard.  I like it for its ease of use. 

1. - Is there a way to keep it open and run,instead of having to choose it everytime when I want to do a new serial engraving?

2.- after I use it, it loses x0. as my start to point.  Even though I have saved the settings, my X always changes to the last position it stops at.  I have to keep telling it to start at X0.

Thanks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Write Wizard- any way of keepingit open
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
No. When you run a wizard, the Mach3 screen is unloaded and the wizard takes it's place. You can't use Mach3 again until you exit the wizard, which reloads the Mach3 screenset.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »
The new Mach4 Mill wizard runs as a standalone program. You can open it in one window while Mach3 is open in another window. You can use the wizard to generate code, save it to a file, then switch to the mach3 window and load the file. The Mill wizard will remain open and you can simply click its window and run again. This can work for any function, and you could even have a more complicated job with multiple operations, then just edit one operation and click save again.

To be clear there are 3 sets of wizards:

for mach3 there are some free, user submitted wizards, of which Write is one, which are not supported.

There is the Newfangled Addons for Mill for mach3 which are extra cost, and are supported.

Now there is the new Mill Wizard for Mach4, which costs $75, runs as a standalone program, and is supported.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »
Ron and Ger,

Thanks for the info.  I do have the mill addons for Mach 3 from newfangled.  Guess I need to look into Mach4 aswell.