Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:08:27 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Turn CSS workaround with plugin!  (Read 5925 times)

Mach3 Turn CSS workaround with plugin!
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
I try to find workaround to fix Turn mode G96+G95 issue, and now i have the solution, but not compatible with external feed overrides, only if you can modify to control an OemDro, littlebit later im upload video from work. ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Turn CSS workaround with plugin!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Can you explain a bit more?
Will this only work with the parallel port or?
Hood
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 04:07:45 AM »
Not only work with PP, but not working with external pendants have feed override, plugin calculate the requested feed in mm/min and continuously change the feed override to follow the spindle speed.
Plugin hide the original feed overide but you can change the override with another user dro, not yet finished to public use.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »
Ok sounds interesting :)
Hood
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 08:05:16 AM »
I make the first version for testing, please leave a comment if you tested.

Installation instructions in "read.me.txt", please make a backup from your configuration before install.

limitations:
Do not use more than 0.20mm/rev feed.
Only work in Metric mode, with this version if you use Inch mode you get bad results.
Not perfect in arc moves. (need more programming)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
I will hopefully manage to test it out for you next week, hope I dont forget ;D

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 08:49:18 AM »
Sorry for not getting back earlier but been very busy.
Anyway I tested out the plugin and over all it seemed to work well. I do have issues however and most are related to the SmoothStepper and the way it controls a Step/Dir spindle, it is poor and often drops pulses and makes my spindle jolt violently. Because of that I cant do too much testing as it is obviously not good for my spindle.

I did seem to have one problem with your plugin in that if I tried to edit the code then it would not regen the toolpath, it just hung then when I cancelled and tried to regen again it would say to stop before trying to do anything. Pressing Stop had no effect, it would just say cant run from present feedhold, had to disable the plugin  before I could do anything. Once enabled again it would be fine until I tried to do any more editing etc.
I would have liked to test further so I could be more specific but wth the Smoothstepper spindle issues I didnt want to I am afraid.

Hopefully I will get a chance to try on the small lathe, it uses the CSMIO controler and has no such issues with the spindle.

Hood