Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:19:31 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 "Run form here" quit working  (Read 2629 times)

Mach3 "Run form here" quit working
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:15:06 PM »
Hello all,

I am hoping one of you has experienced this problem and can help me find a solution.

I am running a CNC Plasma table using Mach3. I am creating my g-code using Sheetcam. Everything has been working fine including the run from here function in Mach3. That is until I installed a Proma THC and a floating z axis last weekend. The THC and the floating z work as expected (although I will likely up-grade to a better THC in the future).

However since the installation, I have discovered that I am no longer able to stop the machine and then restart using the "run from here function". Whenever I try, the Mach3 software resets to the  line immediately following the first line of g-code containing a g31 code instead of the line requested. It also does not give me the usual reposition request. So, I am forced to reload the code and run from line 1 anytime I stop the code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Mach3 "Run form here" quit working
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:10:06 AM »
I assume this is not an unusual combination (Sheetcam, Mach3, THC, and floating Z). If anyone is using this same combination and is able to use the Mach3 "run from here" function, could you tell me what post processor you are using.
I am just trying different angles to get it working at this point.
Thanks

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »
Hi

This is a common problem. RFH doesn't like G31 or G28.1 IHS/TOM routines. Different folks use different strokes to work around it (try a search here on RFH for an overview).
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »
Not the answer I hoped for. But it is what it is. Thanks for the reply.