Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 05:55:33 AM

Author Topic: some 56E questions, possible bugs  (Read 4930 times)

some 56E questions, possible bugs
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
Have some issues with my 56E, i am using MACH3,  VB6 and VB.net 2010 on several different W7 computers. Have been studying/programing the unit for over a year, very satisfied! The 56E is plugged into a router. Almost every function works well, with a few exceptions.

(1) i  have a noise issue on the ExtBus. my machine is somewhat noisy, the noise will cause dozens of Bus Outputs to turn off , or on. the noise has no effect on the 56E or other local electronics. it is somewhat unsafe like this. I am using 3 of CNC4PC's 24 bit 595 bus boards, plus your high current board, total of 7 feet unshielded wire, any suggestions on 'terminators' or other tactics ? this is by far my biggest issue.  i need the 7 feet of wire.

(2) FYI  there is a strange problem with modbus. The unit will respond to Mach3  the first time i use the tcp modbus config test page in mach3. The mach3 'open' command gives a 'no error' message, and data is received.  BUT after any error on my config tests, or after several repeat tests,  the 56E unit itself locks up.  mach3 gives a 'connection error.' No re-booting, re-installing or transfer to a different network/computer will restore the modbus function unless i 'clear all settings' from device. I have tried everything possible to restore it. It seems the unit itself 'locks'. It has done this since day one, I have tried to reconnect every time the software is updated. No luck.  all the readings on the unit stay the same after the lockup.

Notes
i am using the extbus boards to control banks of small 'blue' relays such as used on your bus cards and CNC4PC's.

other questions.  Is there a way to set-up the matrix keyboard option on a 56E ?

any help would be be greatly appreciated
Re: some 56E questions, possible bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:36:17 PM »
i notice my post got ignored, is there any other place to ask pokeys questions, the Extbus problem is clearly dangerous ?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
I found some information on the Arduino Site, they use 595 shift registers also, they suggest a .01 Uf Cap on the latch line.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 04:43:26 AM »
Hi, machiner

Please check what ICs you have on the relay boards. HC595 were discovered to be responding incorrectly in some cases and we advise you to replace them with HCT595 counterparts.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope