Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:37:45 PM

Author Topic: MPG 4 or 6 axis plugin for those generic chinease pendants  (Read 31736 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
MPG 4 or 6 axis plugin for those generic chinease pendants
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
The Zip file has the "MPG4_6v3.m3P" installer, and a ReadMe 1st file (and yes, it should
be read first........)

Fixed a bug, for the FS/SS ovr, in where the 4th axis would move if it was enabled.

Everything is working on my 6 axis pendant (using all functions).
NOTE: If you have ANY Brains or Macro-pumps, or cyclic Macros that are using the same input/output that this plugin is using, your going to have issues. Turn off/disable any thing
else that may be running.  NOTE: For diagnosing your pendant to see if you have the correct function going to the correct input/output pin on your pendant. Download and install my "Map All I/O" plugin, and look on it's diagnostic page. You will see ULEDS that are tied to I/O that normally does not have an OEM ULED, (like the pendants here use).

IF your using an ESS (I am here), I Had to set the MPG De-bounce to 1.0, to get a read, but it will still miss "ticks" on the MPG.

The plugin does NOT care what Port(s) or Pins you use, it just looks at the following functions:

SelectAxisX             OEMTRIGGER1
SelectAxisY             OEMTRIGGER2
SelectAxisZ             OEMTRIGGER3
SelectAxisA             OEMTRIGGER4
StepX1                   OEMTRIGGER5
StepX10                 OEMTRIGGER6
StepX100               OEMTRIGGER7
PendantEstop         OEMTRIGGER8 (assumes N/C)
SelectAxisB             OEMTRIGGER9
SelectAxisC             OEMTRIGGER10
MPG Jog On Led     OUTPUT6 (led enable button light)

MPG A and B go to what ever.......
the user can enable/disable the pendants estop, they can also choose/or not to have the pendant estop to be able to pull mach out of estop, if in estop, or...... not...

You will need to set on the Gen Config page the 1st 3 step amounts, like:
0.001  (i.e. goes to step X1)
0.01    (i.e. goes to step X10)
0.1      (i.e. goes to step X100)

when you move the axis selector OFF of the "Off" position on the axis selector switch, it automatically moves mach into MPG mode and when in MPG mode, the enable LED turns ON when the axis selector is in the OFF position, then you're in continuous mode.

Scott
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:04:30 AM by poppabear »
fun times
Re: MPG 4 or 6 axis plugin for those generic chinease pendants
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:55:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm developping a pendant based on AVR AtMega32U4 (arduino pro mini) for releasing it open hardware/source. I'm considering to make it compatible with your plugin. Could you please give some explanations about the protocol you support?

Sincerely
JPC

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
there is no protocol, in the post above, there list a list of what signal goes to what function.
If you map your pendants functions that match what the plugin is looking at, it will work the same.
fun times
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Maybe i was not clear enough... Sorry, i'm french:)...

I'm looking for informations on how MPG are managed on pendants. I've seen on joystck drivers, there is room for buttons (0/1) or analog (0>255) values. I'm afraid the USB bus will not be quick enough to allow to manage A/B signals of MPG using signals normally used by buttons;. I've already done a prototype with an MPG, decoded with an AVR ATMEGA32Y4, and senr as an emulation of mouse position. I'd like to find a way to transmit it via HID/Joystick reliably and read it under mach3.

I got 2 problems :
* How could i trasmit a counter incremeted or decremented by MPG calue thru USB?
* What kind of driver to use for reading it under mach3?

Sincerely
JPC

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
your not going to find reliable under USB.......
fun times
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »
Hi, I have a pendant with a USB connector. How do I determine the port and pins to assign to the OEM codes?.

Cheers

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
Please CAREFULLY read my first post
fun times
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply. It seems I need to download your "Map all I/O plug in. Problem is I can't find it!.
Can you point me in the right direction?.

Cheers

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »
it is in finished plugins, but you don't need it to run the pendant, those functions just have to be enabled in Ports/Pins read the help file that came with it

Here is the LINK to the "Map All I/O" to LEDs plugin (and screen set).
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10861.msg67934.html#msg67934

it is the FIRST post on that subject, where you see the EDIT to download the plugin.

scott
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:05:21 PM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »
Sorry if I appear to be stupid but I don't understand. Are you saying that I do not need this Map all I/O plug in to run the pendant. I thought this was to read the inputs that are being outputted by the pendant so I can map them to the OEMtriggers. Is it possible for you to be a little more explicit, and you say read the help that came with it. Came with what?. Once more I apologise for my stupidity but when I bought this pendant I was told it was simple to install only needing a .XML file installing that unfortunately the seller did not supply,he referred me to this forum.

Cheers