Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:02:33 AM

Author Topic: Smooth Stepper questions  (Read 18275 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »
Thanks for people like Jeff who spend the time and effort trying to make the blind see.

This has been a fun journey. Being a hobbyist,
means my income is not dependent upon it. In fact it drains most of that. The constant challenges demand thought, reading and research. Then it will all change again.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
Re: Got it working!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 06:28:35 PM »
I got the Smooth Stepper working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a somewhat short telephone conversation with Greg Cary, the Warp9 tech support guy.   We emailed a few times until we decided to just talk on the telephone.     As it turns out most of my problems wasn't the  Smooth Stepper at all, it was my settings in Mach3 in Port & Pins.   It was my own fault for not seeing my own errors in Ports & Pins.    All I could think about was the network.     I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

One problem with the Smooth stepper is there are (3) 25 pin ports and I plugged into the very end port.   Wrong, need to be plugged in the middle port
or the port located in the corner.

Setting up the Smooth Stepper was difficult because I made it that.

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement here.     I was beginning to think at 63 I was to old to play with these things.

Jim

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 11:00:16 PM »
Congratulations! Have fun.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
Re: Smooth Stepper questions
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
"I was beginning to think at 63 I was to old to play with these things."

jimglass, you may be - someday, but you've got a ways to go yet.
Enjoy,
John Champlain (73)

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Smooth Stepper questions
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »
Glad to hear you got it sorted Jim. We all kind of g3t myopic from string t a problem too long, I would be embarrassed to tell you how many hours I spent one day trying to get a network attached device to talk to the server; after breaking down and running Wireshark on both the server and device ends I realized I had transposed two numbers when I typed the IP address into the device. D'oh!
Happy machining , Jeff Birt