Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:28:06 AM

Author Topic: Elapsed Timer problems  (Read 3974 times)

Elapsed Timer problems
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:50:47 PM »
Elapsed Timer problems
I have spent two days reinstalling Mach3 V. 3.043.066 on my diy (Very, very long story) along with Mach3 2010 screenset & the plugin for Huanyang VFD. I have almost everything working again, but one. I had been running this setup sense January before now. But now when I try to run gcode with an “M3 S15000” (I have a 10 second delay set for the spindle to come up to speed). But here is the problem, the “Elapsed Time” only goes to 2 or 3 and stops. So after about 10 seconds of the gcode not running I get “Estop” and a shutdown of the spindle. I can do a “run from here” a little further down in the program and the ‘Elapsed Time’ will run. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Elapsed Timer problems
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:14:52 AM »
I am not following, the elapsed timer should have no effect on your programme as to whether it continues or stops, sounds more like you have noise issues from your spindle and that is causing the E-Stop or it could be a watchdog issue, you will know if its the latter as it will tell you in the error window.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 03:01:36 PM »
After spending hours (no days) trying to understand my Huanyang VFD/Spindle problem. I think I know where the trouble is. I have been using this VFD/Spindle setup sense January, but I had a problem with the spindle and was sent a replacement motor under warranty. After installing the new spindle and making sure that the wiring was shielded & grounded. I could not get Mach3 to control the VFD as it should. I re-installed Mach3 three different times. Even went to an older version of Mach3 (R3.042.040) also the Mach 2010 Screenset set back to (V. 1.5) and the Mach3 Plugin set back to V. 1.1.2 for the Huanyang VFD. At this point Mach3 and the CNC are running as it should. I can start the VFD & spindle but I cannot stop the spindle even with an E-Stop. The only way to ‘stop’ the spindle is to press the ‘STOP’ on the VFD. Sometimes when I do this it will lock-up Mach3 and the PC. Then I have to go to “Task Manager” to close Mach3. And reboot the PC to get back into Mach3. I have even tried a gcode with M3 S----, M5 & M6 but the VFD ignores these commands. The spindle will run from the VFD in ‘manual’ (only @ 24000 RPMs) and with no RF interference back to the CNC steppers.
Here is what I think is going on. After reading everything I can find on the forums about these Huanyang VFDs I believe that my VFD has stopped responding to the VFD plugin and is not sending the reply back to the PC that it is looking for.  At this point I am looking for a new 2.2kw VFD and believe me it will not be made in “China”. I’ve been thinking about the Hitachi WJ200-022SF.  ???
Gene
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:04:08 PM by gene8522 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
No experience with VFDs really so cant advise, I use servos for my spindles. I used to have a VFD on the Bridgeport many moons ago but it was just manual control, It was a mitsubishi and didnt seem to produce any noise, oh also had a Toshiba as well prior to that on a different Bridgeport and it too was fine, but afraid thats my experience with VFD's.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »
Hood,
Off subject but we rented a house just west of Tealing for a week 4 years ago. What a nice time we had!! :) ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »
Thats just about 20miles from me :)
Hood
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:44:29 AM »
Yes I know, I looked up Carnoustie, Scotland on Google Earth. My wife is from Bellahouston Park in Glasgow.