Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:01:58 PM

Author Topic: Tool plateform Zero find Macro  (Read 2931 times)

Tool plateform Zero find Macro
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
Hey guy's I'm using this Macro to find the top of the Tool pallet that I'm using with a ATC.
But it always say's "Zero plate grounded Or faulty". What's funny is the Macro works, it just that.
I know the Zero plate is working properly because when I use my other Z zero button on the program run screen in
Mach 3 it work's fine. Please look over the Macro to see if something is out of place.

Also at the end of a G-code run I have added a M06 T00 G49 to replace the Tool holder in the Pallet.
Well it replaces it, then it picks it back up for some odd reason and goes to zero. Any help would be greatly appreciated
on this problem.  I've attached the M500 Tool pallet Macro and the START m1ls Macro to look at. Thanks

Rich
Re: Tool plateform Zero find Macro
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:12:39 AM »
Come on guy's 56 views and no replies. ANY  help would be great!!!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »
The message "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" is a message YOU told it to display every time the routine is run. There is NO conditional code for the routine to use to define IF it is to be displayed. It just tells it to display the message EVERY time. Also that is a chech routine that should be run at teh beginning of the routine NOT at the end of the routine.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:05 AM »
In the 2nd routine look for a duplicate call of the MOVE. It can be a direct call OR a conditional responce you have coded in. IF the oldtool and newtool end up the same it will repeat the same move a second time.

MAP out all the moves on a piece of paper as you follow the code down through the program.

(;-) TP

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »
Thanks Br549 for the response. The macro's are not something I wrote, they are what I acquired when I bought the A.T.C. 
Not knowing VB I looked through the code on the first macro and didn't see anything that was wierd. If I compared it to the
set Z zero code on the "program run" page the code is displayed kinda the same way. The "Z Plate is grounded" code is under
the " Z axis is now Zeroed" code.    I'm lost.............

The 2nd macro honestly I have know Idea what to look for or where to look.

Thanks Rich