Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:10:54 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Application, Mach3 torch height control.  (Read 155194 times)

Re: Plasma Application, Mach3 torch height control.
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
thanks
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2020, 04:21:19 PM »
OK stumbled upon this thread, since I am trying to fix one of my power supplies on my setup. I read somewhere else and heard the the bridge rectifier might have gone bad? Not sure if this is actually true, also dont know how they work.

Any ideas?
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »
Hey Jacob,

I can certainly help with that. So yes bridge rectifiers sometimes do go bad and they can cause power supplies to malfunction or just not work in general. Best thing to do is just replace the power supply or get a new bridge rectifier.
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
Ok got it yea I think I might just try to replace the bridge rectifier then. i just still have no idea how it works. Do you know the basic functionality of it. Will help me understand more. Thanks
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2020, 04:41:11 PM »
Yea a bridge rectifier is essentially a configuration of 4 diodes. Its used to convert AC to DC . it allows current to flow in one direction and not backwards.
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2020, 04:44:37 PM »
Okay got it , 4 diodes.. Does it come in a kit and you have to put it together or something like that?
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2020, 04:54:34 PM »
Nope no kit, although in theory yes you could configure your own. Don't do that though. They come in pre-assembled modules. i found this it will help explain how they work so you have a better understanding https://www.derf.com/how-a-bridge-rectifier-works-step-by-step-tutorial/ goes into detail about the process of rectification. Which is the first thing you should learn. It is the most basic principle when it comes to any type of rectifier. Full wave, half wave, three etc.. Also it talk about the different applications.   Also you can google a lot of this. Tons of information out there.
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2020, 05:01:08 PM »
Hey thanks so much for detailed reply. Wow just looked on google tons of information. I will give that article a read to looks like a great resource. Thanks so much.
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2020, 05:07:19 PM »
Yup no problem, let me know if you have any other questions I am be happy to help.