Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:52:08 AM

Author Topic: Shifting zero, losing steps??  (Read 2299 times)

Shifting zero, losing steps??
« on: September 07, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »
Not sure but I assume I am losing steps.  As I turned my motor tuning way down and got the same results, so I don't think I have a stepper stalling issue.  If I run a square pattern, basically .010" off each side around a part for .250 or so whem I get done my zero has moved always in the same directions.  Was about .100 but I turned off CV and set it for exact and now it's about .010".  Any idea?  Pulse width problem? I changed the active hi state of the step pins and it got worse so I put it back.  Turned the motor down to a crawl and seems the same.  I was just cutting 2 sides and was rapiding on the no cut sides, I change those to G1's and got the same results.
Don
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:31:12 AM by DonMarkey »
Re: Shifting zero, losing steps??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 11:43:09 AM »
I had the same problem this morning after not using the machine for a week, indeed with an extra problem, the X plus axis followed by X minus but the machine went X plus on both occasions. I found the problem, my oiling system was empty so the slides were tight that caused the motors to struggle and miss steps. Topped up the oil and gave the slides a good soaking in thin oil and all works fine. Try this first. Jim

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Shifting zero, losing steps??
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »
Try enabling Sherline 1/2 pulse mode (config, ports and pins, port set up) and making all step and direction pins active low. If this changes the direction of an axis go to homing and limits and in the axis reverse column change the backwards axis to opposite it is now.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!