Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:11:29 PM

Author Topic: Spindle rotation causes a limit switch trigger??  (Read 3322 times)

Spindle rotation causes a limit switch trigger??
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:17 AM »
Hi all

I had a problem with my Mach 3 machine dieing after a recent windows update (I do them every now and then). Afterwards my computer would not boot up. Eventually I reloaded windows and everything was fine. I decided to download the latest version of Mach 3 (r3.043.066). I have been using Mach 3 for about 3 years now and have never bothered with any update. I generally subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory. Case in point, I updated windows and that's caused me endless grief...

Anyway using R3.043.066 I couldn't get it to talk to my LPT port. I was using a PCI plug in card, so I also tried the onboard card. Nothing. The diagnostics screen wouldn't show any limit switches being triggered or anything at all. Eventually I got a whole new PC and still nothing. Finally I went back to an older version of Mach 3 and it started working again. It's so exciting to see motors move after spending nearly 2 days playing around and getting nowhere. So of lesser problem to me is whether others are having similar trouble with R3.043.066?

My biggest problem is that any time I turn on my spindle I seem to trigger a limit switch reset. On the diagnostics screen I don't see any limit switch LEDs turning on, but never the less it triggers the reset. Does anyone have any ideas on this at all? The machine is about 3 years old and hasn't had this problem before. I've checked the connections all seem ok. I've checked my earth connection to the machine bed, spindle VFD, and motor controller are all ok.

Cheers

Matt

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle rotation causes a limit switch trigger??
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:51:47 AM »
Sounds like noise to me. Try adding some debounce in general config. Start by entering a small value like 10 and working your way up until it is sorted or 2000. The higher it needs to be the worse the noise problem is.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!