Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:21:06 PM

Author Topic: Jerky Motion 5 Axis Mill........(sound familiar?)  (Read 1935 times)

Jerky Motion 5 Axis Mill........(sound familiar?)
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:41:11 AM »
Hi all,

For quite some time now I have been building a 5 axis mill. We have a Mach Motion Ultimate Screen and are using TECO Servo Motors and Gear Boxes. The Mill itself was originally a 5HP 3 axis manual Mill. We also added a 3KW 24000 RPM spindle.

The Mill and all input/ outputs, including spindle control are functioning now and we would really like to get into production of the parts, (Turbocharger Compressor Wheels), we built the thing to make, but cannot get past the jerky motion and resulting horrible finish we get when running the simultaneous 5 axis gcode that I generate using BobCAD 5 axis Pro.

I have searched the forums and documentation that I have been able to find and tried all of the suggestions, and a anything else I could find in the Mach3 settings to no avail. Interestingly I have found that some toolpaths, like the blade swarf cutting toolpaths are pretty smooth, where others like the floor machining between the blades is jerky as hell?

I know thee a quite a few posts in this site from guys who have encountered the jerky motion, has anyone solved it?

Regards,

Matt.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Jerky Motion 5 Axis Mill........(sound familiar?)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:53:25 AM »
Hi Matt,

It could well be your BobCad generated GCode which is creating the jerky motion (perhaps if you zip and attach your GCode file others could test it and confirm one way or the other ?). Perhaps also attach your current profile .xml file then it can be established if you have any Mach3 setup issues.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:54:59 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE