Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:06:24 AM

Author Topic: Erratic step movement, no G code movement, Great in GalilTools.  (Read 9063 times)

Hi,  Need some help please  :)

We have installed Mach3 on our production mill, using DMC 2133, servo motors and amps.  I am familiar with how to set Mach3 with Galil up having done it before with great success (the plugin and Mach3 are great on the other mill).  The DriverTest is good all the way up to 100K, no spikes on the graph (much better than our other setup's PC).  The motors move good and snappy in GalilTools, and can run repetitive fast DMC code for hours without issue, these parameters are burned.  In Mach3 the Constant Jog is smooth, the Step Jog is smooth initially but then gets choppy after several minutes of just sitting, then there is a delay before it moves, the delay grows as much as 3 seconds and the movement is extremely choppy, eventually it will not step move at all and I have to press reset twice to get Jog move to work but still no step move.  It seems this is isolated to Mach3 alone, have gone thru all the settings I know about, but still it is not moving well.  In MDI testing, just like the step move I can move simple G code (G1 X1) smoothly then it gets rough, then it will not move at all.  

I have compared all settings to the Galil 1832 Mach3 that is working well.

I have attached the GalilDebug and the Mill config XML.  Added "MY " to file name to allow upload.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Matt
Re: Erratic step movement, no G code movement, Great in GalilTools.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:10 PM »
Follow up, using DMC Terminal to run code to repeatedly cycle back and forth showed a weakness in the Galil AMP and also in the Y servo motor.  We are replacing these and won't try Mach3 again until we can run all 3 axis in a loop at at max speed, ac & dc for 1 hour.  Sharing because this may be helpful diagnostic tool for others who have elusive problems.

Chips away!