Hello Guest it is May 22, 2019, 09:39:33 PM

Author Topic: 3020T estop not stopping the spindle  (Read 2805 times)

3020T estop not stopping the spindle
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:45 AM »
My boss purchased the small 3020T Chinese router and it came with the Mach3 controller software.  The problem I have is that the estop function stops the XYZ stepper motors, but not the spindle. :(  I don't know if it's something in the Mach3 set-up or maybe the spindle isn't supposed to stop due to Chinese safety standards being different.  There must be someone out there with this kind of experience that could lend a hand to a newbie.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,764 7,764
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: 3020T estop not stopping the spindle
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:38:02 AM »
Try (Config / General Config) Pgm End or M30 or Rewind - checking the 'Turn off all outputs' and 'Turn Off Spindle' boxes and see if that cures the problem.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Hood

•  25,811 25,811
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:04 AM »
E-Stop should not rely on software to stop axes/spindle etc. It often is set up that way however, especially on home builds and cheap machines but it should be considered dangerous relying solely on software  for such E-Stop situations.
Having said that Mach should stop everything that it has control over when E-Stop is pressed, if the spindle is not stopping then either Mach does not control it or there is a config issue.
Attach your xml and also if possible some documentation to the machines setup (components) and maybe the issue can be found.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »
If you 3020T is like mine, there is no control over the spindle other than the manual ON/OFF switch provided on the front panel of the controller itself.