Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:08:59 PM

Author Topic: Updated PCI driver, Mach can't connect  (Read 7631 times)

Updated PCI driver, Mach can't connect
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Hi All,

I was finally able to get all the bugs out of our system and manually tuned the servos, all was well.  I decided to purchase the GalilSuite software to hone in on the best servo PID parameters.  For GalilSuite to function I had to use a new PCI driver from Galil, this install went fine and I can use GalilSuite!  Now when I try to use Mach3, it doesn't see the Galil card.  If I roll back the driver then all is well in Mach, but I can't find a solution that allows Mach3 to see the Galil card without using the old driver.  I think this has to do with being in the Windows registry, as I believe this is not done with the new driver.  I installed Smart Terminal and when using the old driver, I can register the device.  With the new driver, SmartTerm doesn't see it...

Any advice?

-Bob
Re: Updated PCI driver, Mach can't connect
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
Forgot to add that when I ran the new PCI driver EXE, the install failed because it is an unsigned driver so I had to manually point windows to the driver file to update.  Could not resolve the unsigned driver problem.

-Bob
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »
Just found this, sounds like I will have to configure one way to use GalilSuite and then reconfigure to run Mach as the PCI drivers are not compatible between SmartTerm and GalilSuite, and Mach needs SmartTerm I think?

http://www.galilmc.com/support/manuals/galiltools/pci.html

-Bob
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
I am running into the same thing with a 2183 ethernet controller. Onced registered with Galil suite Smart terminal will not register it.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
Should make a wish list to have Galilsuite work with Mach3 and also wouldn't it be nice to switch to Galilsuite from inside Mach. Lots of time I would like to see scope data during G code programs. 

Amorris

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »
It is rather difficult to use the Galil Tools or Galil Suite API and libraries.  They are C++ and as such, It needs library that is compatible with VS2003, among other things.  Galil Tools dropped support for the ISA and USB (20x0) controllers and they have not come back in Galil Suites.  So is it just a matter of time that PCI goes as well?  I think so. 

The 4.5 plugin has code that works with SmartTerm or Galil Tools PCI device drivers.  This was unbelievably hard to do.  It totally bypasses the Galil API and only the device drivers need be installed.  I have no idea if Galil changed the device drivers for Galil Suites, so your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately, we can't write one plugin that works with SmartTerm, Galil Tools, and Galil Suites APIs all at the same time. 

Steve
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:24:24 AM »
Steve
This all a bit confusing Please help.

I did read frough many posts on this forum but there no straight answer.

I have DMC-2260 ethernet controller with Mach3.

Looking to BUY soft,

for setup and analog servos tune (need autotune and scope for sure) 

With soft I better go fore? and with exact plugin version to install?

Galiltools=??
Galilsuite=??
Galil Motion WSDK32 =??

Is there any alternative software on the market will work with Galil and Mach3 ?

Thanks

ILia