Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:27:51 AM

Author Topic: Y axis  (Read 3029 times)

Y axis
« on: August 08, 2013, 03:05:00 AM »
Hi,
My problem is when I turn my machine on and go into Mach3 the y axis hotkeys are always set up backwards. In other words the hot keys that I set them up to are now in reverse. How can I fix this problem?

Regards

Terry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Y axis
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:17 AM »
Attach your xml and I will take a look. Also what type of machine are you using, ie a knee mill type or possibly a gantry router or?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
Hi Hood,

Thankyou for your quick response to my request for help. I built my CNC router, it is a gantry type, which has a cutting area of 1200mm in the Y axis and infinity in the X.

I am a newbie and don't know what  a  XML is. If you would explain that to me I will send it straight away.

Many Thanks

Terry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:57:17 AM »
If you open Mach you wil see lower right the name of the profile you are using. Go to the Mach3 folder on your computer and find a file of that name with a xml file extension. Copy it to your desktop then rename it to antennas4u.xml
You can then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse to your desktop and attach the renamed file.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
Thanks Mate I will do that. I am just upgrading my CNC computer at the moment so might be a couple of days before I get back to you. Many thanks for your help so far.

Regards

Terry
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 02:48:09 AM »
Hi Hood,

Computer now upgraded. Still having problems with Hot keys aren't being saved even when I exit Mach3 even though I tell it to save the new settings. It is now cutting the files backwards or mirroring them.

I have attached the xml file that you wanted.

Hood, can I say thank you for all of your help, I'm sure that I'm not the first that you have helped and I'm sure that I wont be the last. So from all of us newbies, thank you.

Regards

Terry