Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:01:12 AM

Author Topic: MDI INPUT  (Read 13279 times)

Re: MDI INPUT
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »
TP
I realise now that the easiest way to return to mach 3 mill is to do it through the "VIEW" menu and not use the button on the rollmaster screen labled "return to mach 3"

Still trying to find out how to change the distances "code" to suit my paper width.
Quote  "The step over distance for each note on the scale is set by code it can be changed to anything you want"
Any hints?

Graham

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »
AH no it is not best to use the reload screen to return to mach3 you are leaving files open .

Can you describe exactly what happens so perhaps I can fix it. Do you get ANY error messages.

To modify the Code you have to edit it .  Go to Operator at the top of the screen, then selct edit button code , then select the Write Line button and it will open the Button code. You should be able to see in the code where the X moves. Change each location to where it needs to be.

OR if you already gave me all the offsets I will change it for you.

(;-) TP
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 05:22:00 AM »
TP
Goodmorning
When I have finished writing an experimental program using musicmaster and its still on the screen if I press the "return to mach 3"  it immediatley hangs up with
a box  saying "generating toolpath". There are no error messages. Being impatient after approx 30 secs I stop the whole program through the Task Manager.

I will endeavour to change the music notes scale myself now you have pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks Graham

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
By chance are you in single block mode?

(;-) TP
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »
TP
How do you get into/out of single block mode in musicmaster?
Have changed the distances as with your hint, but how do I change the note headings above the line of zeros. I have screen 4 to play with as well so I am learning a lot.
Graham

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
To get into or out of single block mode you do it from the main screen Click on the button and it will toggle on and off.

You are a brave soul to run Screem4. I would use MAchScreen.

The scale notes are simply labels that you select then change the text of the label.

(;-) TP
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 03:48:26 AM »
TP
When you say click on the button, I presume you mean in Mach 3 mill, which I use a lot. I cannot find a button in musicmaster so I use the slider control next to the musicmaster program.
Will try MAchScreen in the next few days.
Realised last night at at a Phil Collins look a like concert that all my testing was being done on a 64bit WIN7 laptop not connected to my CNC machine in my"Den"
not on my XP computor in the garage. Would this make any difference to my testing?
Graham

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »
TP
Use two progs to generate code.
Midiwin to convert midi file to printfile.
And midiBkcode to convert printfile to G code.(plus a bit if fiddling)
Here is a video of my first go at punching a music file on a strip of newspaper.

http://s285.photobucket.com/user/GRAYHIL/media/PUNCH.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Graham

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
Hiya Graham, Excellent job on your music puncher.   How fast can it go??

Is there a way to convert directly from Midi to Gcode ??

(;-) TP
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 04:26:12 AM »
TP
On my machine, which as you can see is very old, a 3ft length of punched music takes about 90mins.
I do not know of any program that will convert a midi file direct to g code.
The "fiddling" I mentioned takes about 1 min and is mainly replacing X with A to use the rotary table as a winder.
Graham